A Clear Path to Simplified Compliance & Security
M-Theory Group will put in place several security regulations to improve your information security, safeguard your organization and keep you compliant on all your mission-critical systems.
Compliance is the foundation for risk mitigation in modern business.
The ability to customize and deliver a highly complex Private Cloud Anywhere solution makes M-Theory’s CaaS model the most compliant option in the industry.
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, organizations that process and/or maintain healthcare-related information are federally mandated to demonstrate compliance for the security of electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI). In 2009, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) added provisions that extended HIPAA Security requirements not only to business associates, but to subcontractors as well. M-Theory Consulting Group’s (MTCG) unique HIPAA compliance template comes pre-mapped to appropriate assessment areas such as applications, departments, business associates, infrastructure elements, and more.
Eliminate the Complexity of HIPAA Compliance
Assessment templates come with predefined, robust controls based on HIPAA best practices, cross-referenced with NIST guidelines. Select only those controls you wish to include in your assessment or modify/add your own controls quickly and easily.
Workflow That Mirrors Any Existing Process
Dynamic workflow bends to meet your most complex processes, not vice versa. Map virtually every aspect of your current workflow processes into M-Theory Consulting Group. Upon completion, the process can automatically be passed to others for review or additional input.
Achieve More Accurate Results
Achieve the highest degree of accuracy with relationship-driven technology. M-Theory draws the relationship between the ePHI findings on a given server and identify its possible effect on the control requirements of the room in which it resides. The moment ePHI findings for this server are entered and the relationships are identified, M-Theory adjusts the appropriate criticality levels, control requirements, and compliance evaluation automatically.
Deliver Real-time, Actionable Reporting
M-Theory Group’s 50+ unique roll-up/drill-down reporting delivers actionable information to key stakeholders. Organizations can also launch their own custom reports, either in Microsoft SSRS and/or Crystal reports, directly from M-Theory. All data entered into MTCG is immediately available for consumption by MTCG’s analytic engines, reporting structures and dashboards within the application giving end-users access to real-time data.
- Perform a faster, more thorough Information Security Risk Assessment across dozens – even hundreds of sites.
- Manage online and offline data gathering for HIPAA Core Measures with a central repository for documentation.
- Enables turnkey Third-Party Security (TSP) Assessments with real-time gap analysis.
- Generate actionable, real-time reports to monitor compliance levels.
- Accommodations for Future Changes in HIPAA with automatic updates to all control templates from M-Theory Group.
- The Private Cloud Anywhere Solution (CaaS) satisfies all geographic requirements.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was designed to protect merchants and customers using credit cards from the theft of credit card information by maintaining a secure environment during the purchase process. Instituted on September 7, 2006, the goal of the process is to improve payment account security during the transaction process and avoid security breaches. M-Theory Group has streamlined the compliance process without taking any shortcuts to compliance.
- Expedited audit of transaction process.
- Advanced Security measures implemented to avoid breaches.
- Ability to work with all four levels of merchants.
- By accelerating the audit pace, risk exposure is minimized.
- Implementing cutting-edge security measures reduces risk and minimizes cost.
- Size agnostic produces greater ability to understand and resolve compliance issues.
- Allow the Security Standards Council to dictate the specifics of your Cloud solution… CaaS can deliver.
Enacted by the US Congress in 2002, and formally known as the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act, SOX, to which it is commonly referred is the gold standard and basis for most other legal compliance standards. The primary goal of the legislation requires that top company management individually certifies the accuracy of the financial information that the company publishes. Additionally, SOX forced Boards of Directors and third-party auditors to confirm the accuracy of those financial statements as well. M-Theory not only understands the implications of the methodologies for satisfying a SOX audit but also how SOX interacts with and affects other corporate compliance measures.
- The “have it your way” approach applies SOX principles and other appropriate compliance certification standards.
- Engineering resources understand the IT implications of the audit process and implementation of correct procedures in rendering accurate, automated information.
- A flexible approach that can apply to non-public entities as well.
- Audit cost reduction through an understanding of applicability of similar issues across differing compliance standards and processes.
- Streamlined implementation process reduces time and money.
- Our audits reduce risk and cost for large and small enterprises.
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) frequently conducts examinations of its regulated institutions to assess compliance with the mandates of the SEC and financial services institutions. FINRA requires organizations to conduct a cybersecurity risk assessment to develop and guide the organization’s cybersecurity risk management program.
M-Theory helps financial organizations comply with FINRA requirements for maintaining confidential client documentation, while enabling firms to develop consistent record maintenance policies, increase profits, streamline workflow and lower costs.
- Easily access and retrieve financial documents.
- Gain visibility into duplicate copies of an original record and all revised versions.
- Secure limited access to the records with user-based permissions.
- Automate communication supervision to eliminate conflicts of interest.
- Automatically log all actions made to a record.
- Set automated document routes to ensure proper communication and retention.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of authorized assets.
- Develop a framework to prioritize vulnerabilities and timeframes to remediate identified risks.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive customer information.
- Optimize approach to cybersecurity risk management.
- Improve technology governance, system change management, risk assessments, incident response, data loss prevention, and staff training.
- Accurate assessment of external and internal threats.